Lostrabbitmedia.com is a website actively promoted by various browser hijackers and other websites of questionable reputation. If you see it repeatedly appearing on your homepage (as a new tab page or homepage), chances are that your computer is infected with some kind of malware.
Lostrabbitmedia Com Hijacker quicklinks
- Features of Lostrabbitmedia.com Virus
- Why Lostrabbitmedia.com is Malicious
- How To Delete Lostrabbitmedia.com Infection
- Automatic Malware removal tools
- Effectively Remove Lostrabbitmedia.com
- How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker using Windows Control Panel
- How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from macOS
Most likely you are dealing with browser hijacker that has modified your personal settings. While most of those hijackers are simple, Lostrabbitmedia.com is a little bit more tricky. Typical web browser hijacker operates as browser add-on – it gets installed on a web browser and then modifies settings, redirects traffic to a static homepage. In this case, Cyber criminals behind Lostrabbitmedia.com employs a more complicated scheme and redirects users from one page to another in order to dodge getting detected by anti-malware software.
If you constantly find yourself visiting Lostrabbitmedia.com website and it is not intentional, we suggest to read this article to the end and learn how to remove malware from your computer. We will also provide you with valuable tips on how to increase the overall security level of your computer, so you won’t find yourself in a situation like this ever again.
Features of Lostrabbitmedia.com Virus
This particular infection is associated with a number of other viruses. Lostrabbitmedia.com website is promoted by other browser hijackers and search engines of questionable quality. However, the brand behind this infection is called parklogic.com. Company based in Australia specializes in domain asset management and it seems like this time they took a bad turn.
Infections like square-search and omni-search.net are used to promote Lostrabbitmedia.com website and drive web traffic to it. You see, when a particular browser hijacker infects a lot of computers, it gets recognized by anti-malware programs and they blacklist them and all information regarding them. That leads to a lot of uninstalls and loss of profits. That’s why Lostrabbitmedia.com tries to play it safe – it’s not your typical hijacker.
To sum it up – you definitely have some problems with the security of your computer if this virus is constantly appearing on your screen. It’s either omni-searches.net or some other malware that redirects you to this malicious website.
In addition to that, there are plenty of consequences that can be experienced due to the presence of this infection. You can lose your private information, get infected with other viruses and experience various redirects/additional web advertisements.
Why Lostrabbitmedia.com is Malicious
The very fact that other browser hijackers are promoting this product tells something. Even though Lostrabbitmedia.com tries to look like a legitimate search engine, it is not true and you should not use it.
First of all, if you search for something using Lostrabbitmedia.com, all search queries will be collected. That being said, if you reveal some of your private information there, it can be leaked to the third parties later on. That’s very dangerous because it can end up in the hands of various cyber criminals, thus you can expect further Malware attacks.
Next, you will soon notice that results displayed by Lostrabbitmedia.com are not very accurate and not even relevant to your search query. This way you will simply waste your time. The reason for this is pretty obvious – developers of Lostrabbitmedia.com are promoting various pages and earning money this way. That’s why we do not recommend to click on any links presented there – they might be affiliated with malicious websites.
Last but not least, you can get redirected to other websites at any time. Or a pop-up advertisement can be opened randomly. They are making additional income from web advertisements and you should be aware of that. Various excessive ads might be bothering you even on other, legitimate websites.
How To Delete Lostrabbitmedia.com Infection
While the Lostrabbitmedia.com infection is kind of mystical, removal of this malware can be not so complicated. However, you have to have a decent tool for this job. The easiest and quickest way to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com is to scan your computer with anti-malware software, such as Spyhunter. Scan your computer with either one of those tools and it should instantly detect and remove the virus that causes Lostrabbitmedia.com to show up on your web browser.
In case you are not a huge fan of anti-malware software and would like to complete the removal manually by yourself but lack the knowledge – please scroll down below this article and take a look at the manual removal instructions. It’s a step by step guide that will help you to clean your computer from bad files and applications that might be the reason you are experiencing Lostrabbitmedia.com.
Automatic Malware removal tools
Effectively Remove Lostrabbitmedia.com
How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker using Windows Control PanelMany hijackers and adware like Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker install some of their components as regular Windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from the Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel and then press Enter (Windows 8, Windows 10).
- Choose Uninstall Program (if you don't see it, click in the upper right next to "View by" and select Category).
- Go through the list of programs and select entries related to Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker . You can click on "Name" or "Installed On" to reorder your programs and make Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker easier to find.
- Click the Uninstall button. If you're asked if you really want to remove the program, click Yes.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from macOSDelete Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from your applications.
- Open Finder.
- In the menu bar, click Go.
- Select Applications from the dropdown.
- Find the Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker app.
- Select it and right-click it (or hold the Ctrl and click the left mouse button).
- In the dropdown, click Move to Bin/Trash. You might be asked to provide your login password.
TopHow To remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
How To remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from Firefox:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from Microsoft Edge:Top
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Microsoft Edge window. Select “Extensions”.
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Privacy and Services and scroll down. Press on Address bar.
- Choose Manage search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list: open the three-dot menu and choose Remove.
- Go back to Settings. Open On start-up.
- Delete malicious search websites at Open specific page or pages by opening the three-dot menu and clicking Delete.
- Click on Edge's menu button and select Settings. Click on the Reset Settings button on the left.
- Press the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
How to remove Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker from Safari:TopRemove malicious extensions
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and uninstall Lostrabbitmedia.com Hijacker and other suspicious extensions.
- If your homepage was changed, click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Preferences and choose General tab. Enter preferable URL to the homepage field.
- Click on Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen. Select Reset Safari…
- Select which options you want to reset (usually all of them come preselected) and click on the Reset button.