Linkury Smart Bar is and application that most people don’t even know how they got it on their computers. In fact it is and adware program that is able to enter computers without users’ permission. Usually it uses bundling method and is added to your browser while you are installing some other applications from the Internet.
Linkury Smart Bar badly disturbs your work on the Internet. It causes constant redirections to unknown websites, changes your homepage and default search engine. These changes are made without your knowledge or permission and they may be very irritating for you. Linkury Smart Bar also uses your system resources and this way your computer’s performance can become much slower.
You should also know that this kind of adware are able to collect data about your browsing habits and sell this information for the third parties. So although Linkury Smart Bar is not a malware, it definitely compromises your system’s security. For this reason security experts strongly recommend avoiding such applications. You should be more careful about the programs you are downloading and pay attention to the installation steps so you could control what components are being installed.
Go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to Linkury Smart Bar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you use, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Linkury Smart Bar from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Linkury Smart Bar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally, run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version before performing system scan.
Automatic Malware removal tools