Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus is a malicious application that gets installed to random computer systems and tries to trick their users into spending their money on non-existing fines. It is a ransomware application that you can get while downloading some other programs, visiting malicious websites and other popular virus distribution ways. Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus hijacks the entire systems and completely blocks it. You will only see a notification appearing on your desktop saying that this message comes from police. The message itself claims that you have been visiting websites that display illegal content, such as pornographic videos and pictures.
Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus will tell you that you have to pay a fine of 100 euros in order for the charges to be removed. It will give you two options to make a transfer – using Ukash or Paysafecard payment systems. According to Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus, your computer will be unblocked withing 48 hours after the payment is received. You should not fall for this trick as your money will go straight to the bank accounts of the creators of Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus.
It is important to mention that Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus spreads on German systems. However, there are more versions of this badware, so basically any computer system can be infected with that.
Security experts recommend removing Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus from your PC as soon as you detect it. For the easiest removal use a reputable antispyware program. Choose one of the following methods if you got infected with Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus:
Method I (when you can launch Safe Mode with Networking):
- Restart infected computer and hit F8 while its booting.
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Launch MSConfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application for the Application Data.
- Reboot your system one more time.
- Scan with https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify malicious files and delete them.
Here is a video showing how to complete the steps:
Method II (when virus has disabled all of Safe Modes):
- Reboot your computer as usually.
- Start -> Run.
- Enter http://2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . If Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly. Press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R couple of times. Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus process should be killed now.
Here is a video detailing this approach:
Method III (if any of the above does not suite your situation):
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. There should not be blank screen, nor Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus screen.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should reference Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of users folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run https://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus executables that it finds.
Automatic Malware removal tools