Jaamla.com virus is a browser hijacker that can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. Although it looks like a genuine search engine and it provides several services, including search of images, videos and so on, unfortunately, it is related to the activities of third parties, so it shouldn’t be taken as a regular search provider.
Once inside, Jaamla.com virus changes your homepage and default search provider without asking for your permission. The website claims to be provided by Google, but when you make a search using it, you will see that it includes lots of sponsored links in your search results, so they can not be considered reliable. Moreover, it can include various ads when you browse the Internet or redirect you to commercial websites.
Those users who have found Jaamla.com virus on their browsers can blame only themselves for its infiltration. That is because this hijacker is added together with other free downloads. If you don’t follow the installation steps carefully, you may agree to change your homepage or search provider without even knowing that. That’s why it is recommended to go for Custom installation and follow every step carefully to know what exactly you are downloading. Reading Terms and Agreements is crucial as well.
To remove Jaamla.com virus, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall anything Jaamla.com related from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Jaamla.com virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click Change search defaults;
- Remove Jaamla.com from the list.
How To remove Jaamla.com virus from IE 11:
- Go to Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How To remove Jaamla.com virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Jaamla.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Automatic Malware removal tools