Inbox Toolbar (Infospace/Inspesearch powered) is a browser hijacker that causes many problems for random computer users. The program is distributed together with PC Fix Speed and various similar registry cleaners without a clear disclosure about installing it. The application adds a new toolbar and some quick access icons to reach weather channel, Wikipedia or other websites directly after opening your browser. Additionally, it changes your homepage, default search provider and offers a translations feature. It will also replace search with the one powered by infospace.
Inbox Toolbar promotes various commercial websites that belong to its partners. It includes these pages in your search results every time you make a query in the Internet. Every click on these pages makes affiliate revenue for the creators of Inbox Toolbar. However, it brings hard times for the users of affected browsers. All modifications are made without clearly asking for a permission and they completely change your browsing, alas to the negative side. Not only it is annoying to see features that you haven’t asked for but also if you click on some insecure links, you may infect your computer with malware or other threats.
Be very careful when downloading any new software to your PC. It became very common to add extra tools to the installers of many free programs. Always read Terms and Agreements before getting new applications to your computer and be more attentive with their installation steps. Usually you need to deselect several check boxes to avoid installing unwanted programs.
Remove Inbox Toolbar as soon as you notice it on your browser. First of all, uninstall it from Programs list in Control Panel, then scan your PC with Spyhunter or Malwarebytes to get rid of other adware. To reset search hijacking, do the following:
How to remove Inbox Toolbar from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove Inbox Toolbar from the list.
How to remove Inbox Toolbar from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Inbox Toolbar from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Inbox Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Automatic Malware removal tools