Heroic Play Toolbar is one more product designed by Mindspark. The program is presented as a destination that gives users a chance to play their favorite Marvel games, get the latest news and other content related to these games. If you go to its official website, you will see that it’s a free download compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Although it’s a legitimate program, Heroic Play Toolbar was noticed to come bundled with various freeware that do not clearly disclose about its installation.
If you are one of the users who have noticed this toolbar on your browser even though you don’t remember installing it, the program was most likely added while you were downloading some free software from the Internet. Heroic Play Toolbar comes bundled with several music and video players, PDF creators and even within custom installer on some download websites, like Brothersoft, CNET or Softonic. To protect your computer from such automatic downloads, you should be more cautious when downloading any freeware: always follow the installation steps and deselect options offering making changes or getting tools that are not familiar to you.
If Heroic Play Toolbar was added to your browser, it will change your homepage to home.tb.ask.com and set your search provider to search.tb.ask.com. The program will run every time you browse the Internet by displaying annoying ads, changing your search results by adding sponsored links, and using all other possible ways to advertise commercial pages. To stop this irritating activity, you will have to remove Heroic Play Toolbar and restore your browser’s default settings.
Manual removal instructions of Heroic Play Toolbar
Using Control Panel to remove the main Heroic Play Toolbar components and installers:
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7: Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8: enter Control Panel in search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are an administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Heroic Play Toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Press gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove the ones you do not know that are made by anyone else and not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the options.
Removing Heroic Play Toolbar from Firefox:
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove the ones you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, disable or remove it.
- Optionally, Reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> troubleshooting Information -> Reset Firefox.
Removing Heroic Play Toolbar from Chrome:
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove items you do not need. You can disable them temporarily too.
- Restart chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Heroic Play Toolbar quicklinks
On behalf of developers of Heroic Play Toolbar we were asked to remove this article due to false information on it. However, we feel like this post is correct and helpful to our readers. Heroic Play Toolbar and other software developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. can be detected and recognised as viruses or potentially unwanted software by various anti-malware tools. Toolbars developed by Mindspark share same EULA (End User License Agreement) that is mislieding. It claims that this software is not an adware or malware, while there are statements that toolbars might display advertisements from 3rd parties or monetise toolbars in other ways. By definition such software is considered as an adware. All articles posted on www.2-viruses.com regarding products of Mindspark are correct.
Please notice that we are affiliated with several trustworthy anti-malware tools and information about our affiliates can be found in disclosure (see the link at the bottom of this page). Some of those tools are paid while other ones can be used for free. We provide free manual removal guides as well.
Automatic Malware removal tools