FileBulldog redirect is a browser extension that can be added to Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. As its official website states, this software update checker keeps all your desktop software up to date. After installing the toolbar one gets many extra features, such as one click software update checker, general web search, menus, buttons, images, widgets, web content, alerts, hosted web pages related to the toolbar, personalized pages, remote Software updates. All sounds nice until one chooses to have this application but many are tricked into using it.
Upon installation, we offer you to use FileBulldog Search as your default search provider in IE7 and Firefox.
Upon installation, we offer you to change your Home Page and Tab to the FileBulldog Home Page which is essentially a Web search page.
Occasionally users may be presented with advertisements while using the toolbar. We might use an outside ad company to display ads on our site.
Once FileBulldog is installed, Home page, default Search engine and New Tab page are changed to search.filebulldog.com. If you perform any search, you will get redirected to dealbd.mystart.com results page. Although it looks just like any other search tool and uses a customized Yahoo! Search, you will not get equally trustworthy results as those of reputable search pages. Toolbar’s developers earn money from advertisements and the traffic generated to the websites they promote. One of the ways to increase the number of clicks is listing advertised sites among search results. It means that once you open a link you thought is relevant to your search, you will actually go to an advertisement.
Although FileBulldog redirect is not a virus itself and does not infect computer directly, due to the redirections to search.filebulldog.com and dealbd.mystart.com and advertisements displayed it is recommended to remove this toolbar. Moreover, having it installed increases a risk of virus attacks, for example, you may accidentally click on the advertisement which is corrupted or lead to a malicious website.
FileBulldog redirect removal instructions:
- Download and scan your computer with Spyhunter. If you want to use any other antivirus, check beforehand that it can detect and remove FileBulldog redirect. Our recommended tool will remove this threat and any other unwanted applications that were installed on the same day automatically.
- Check the following settings:
- Internet Explorer: Open “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), go to “Manage Add-ons”. Check if there are any entries related to FileBulldog. Disable those that you find. Open “Tools”, then “Internet Options. If you see search.filebulldog.com listed there, replace it with the address you want to be your Home page..
- Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools”, select “Add-ons”, then open “Extensions”. If you see FileBulldog, disable it. Open “Tools”, go to “Options”. If you see search.filebulldog.com , remove it and replace with the address for your Home page.
- Perform a full system scan with antivirus program to make sure that no threats are left.
Automatic Malware removal tools