Dts.search-results.com virus is a browser hijacker that attacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The program infiltrates to random computers together with free programs that you download from the Internet. This is the most popular way for creators of such programs to promote their products.
Dts.search-results.com virus changes your homepage and default search engine. It does not ask your permission to do that and you will see the changes only after the program successfully settles down to your system. The most annoying thing is that it causes tons of redirections to sponsored websites which disturbs you and consumes your time when trying to access webpages you want to. Your search engine will be replaced with search.ask.com.The purpose of Dts.search-results.com virus is to create traffic to certain websites, promote Ask search engine and collect information about your browser habits. The program records your browsing history and sends this information to the remote server where it is used for marketing purposes. Soon after installing this unwanted software you start receiving lots of ads.
If you want to avoid such applications infiltrating to your computer, you should be very careful about your downloads. Make sure you follow each step of installation and check what other programs you are offered to install. Quite often additional applications are installed to your system automatically if you do not refuse downloading them during installation. You should remove Dts.search-results.com virus from your system as soon as you detect its activity on your system. Follow the guide below explaining how to do it:
1. Uninstall All unknown add-ons from your browsers and programs, related to Dts.search-results.com or other software, that got installed around the same time.
2. Scan your PC with Spyhunter, Hitman Pro and adwcleaner to remove any trojans that might have installed the plugin.
3. Reset Search providers so you get rid from Dts.search-results.com:
Dts.search-results.com virus removal For IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Dts.search-results.com from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Dts.search-results.com virus removal For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Dts.search-results.com and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
Dts.search-results.com virus removal For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Automatic Malware removal tools