DealDropDown - How To Remove?
DealDropDown also known as Deal Drop Down is an adware that causes coupon ads, special offers and deals to be displayed while browsing the Internet. It can be installed as a browser extension to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox. Usually it affects all of the Internet browsers available on the computer. If you face an issue of having pop-up and in-text ads by Deals DropDown and you did not install the software intentionally you should remove it as soon as possible. Please note that some of the advertisements might be malicious or redirect to infected websites therefore by clicking on one of them your computer might get infected with viruses and Trojans.
You should also be aware of the fact that adware like DealDropDown collect information about your activities on Internet some of which might be personally identifiable. The data is used for targeted ads to be displayed. It might also be sold to third parties. Another issue related to having DealDropDown is that it might be bundled with other applications, including but not limited to search engines. It means that you might suffer from redirections to the websites this toolbar promotes. Your home page, default search engine and new tab page might be changed to anything else without your consent.
For DealDropDown to be removed you should go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see DealDropDown listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove DealDropDown from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after DealDropDown is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.