CryptoPriceSearch is a web browser extension designed to operate on Google Chrome browser only. Various extensions should give additional attributes to your browser and enhance it, however, in this case, you can’t expect this of CryptoPriceSearch. It is unwanted, even malicious browser extension categorized as a browser hijacker.
Cryptopricesearch Virus quicklinks
- Hijacker Redirecting to MyWay
- How CryptoPriceSearch Was Infiltrated Into Your Computer
- How To Efectively Uninstall CryptoPriceSearch
- Automatic Malware removal tools
Why browser hijacker? Well, because it will automatically change some of your personal settings without even asking for permission to do that, and hijack your browser in some way. To be more exact, your new tab page will be changed, so you will be forced to visit some websites on a daily basis. That is both dangerous and unwanted, thus we highly recommend to get rid of CryptoPriceSearch extension as soon as possible. Sadly, it can be more complicated than it sounds. In some cases, it would be enough to simply remove the extension from the extensions list to completely get rid of it, but it might also take additional removal process. You see, some of the malicious files that belong to CryptoPriceSearch might be uploaded directly to your hard drive. They can be used to restore the extension after it is removed, thus they must go too.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed assistance on how to completely eliminate CryptoPriceSearch from your system and protect your system from similar infections in the future, so please keep reading.
Hijacker Redirecting to MyWay
We have mentioned that CryptoPriceSearch will hijack your web browser, and it will do it by changing both your new tab page and default search engine. This new page is supposed to deliver various news about cryptocurrencies and also a tool to check price rates. Unfortunately, all you will get of this new website is some links to other websites related to cryptocurrencies and “advanced” web search function, that should allow you to search the web faster and get more accurate results. The reality is the opposite and we must warn you that using search provided by CryptoPriceSearch is really dangerous.
You see, CryptoPriceSearch is related to infamous Myway hijacker, so all your web searches will be submitted to this particular search engine and will look like this:
There are tons of sponsored results in top positions that are not related to your search queries, so you eventually will waste your time, but that’s not even the worst part. The worst part is that those links might lead you to dangerous websites that can steal your money or infect a computer with other malware.
This is the business plan of the virus – they build some kind of audience by hijacking web browsers and forcing users to use their service. Then, they redirect all that web traffic to affiliated websites and get paid for that. The problem is that those affiliated parties often happen to be other cyber criminals. Since they can’t advertise on legitimate advertiusing networks, they choose alternatives just like this one.
There are other symptoms posed by CryptoPriceSearch as well. For instance, your computer might be much slower, you might experience various excessive advertisements and other potentially unwanted programs might be infiltrated into the system behind your back. Those symptoms are really common for all browser hijackers similar to this one, such as MacAppExtensions, Search.htheweathercenter.org, or Wajm.icu.
How CryptoPriceSearch Was Infiltrated Into Your Computer
Well, there are a few options about how your computer can get infected with CryptoPriceSearch virus and here are some most realistic scenarios:
- You visited an unreliable website and clicked on the advertisement. If you tend to visit websites that display questionable content, such as content related to adultery or gambling, there is a huge chance that you can get some kind of viruses in there. We highly recommend protecting your computer with a reliable anti-malware tool to avoid this happening.
- It came bundled with other free application. It might be that you have downloaded some legitimate free application from a legitimate website, but CryptoPriceSearch was bundled to it as an optional feature. However, most of the time you can avoid unwanted programs just by paying attention to the installation process and rejecting suggestions to install additional freebies.
- Your computer is already infected with some kind of malware that infiltrated CryptoPriceSearch. Again, you should scan your system with anti-malware tool just to make sure that it is not infected.
How To Efectively Uninstall CryptoPriceSearch
It was already highlighted that sometimes it’s enough to simply disable the extension and then remove it, so you should go for this first. Then, if CryptoPriceSearch is still present on your system or it came back after you restarted the computer, you should take a look at the step-by-step CryptoPriceSearch manual removal guide provided below. If you manage to complete all steps correctly, the infection should be gone forever.
However, there is a way to skip all those complicated things and do it much faster, just by scanning your system with Spyhunter. Either one of those tools should immediately detect and eliminate all attributes of CryptoPriceSearch. Plus, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below the article.
Automatic Malware removal tools
TopHow To remove CryptoPriceSearch Virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
(Optional) Reset your browser’s settings
If you are still experiencing any issues related to CryptoPriceSearch Virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on a Chrome’s menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on theReset browser settings button.
- Click on the Reset button on the confirmation box.
If you cannot reset your browser settings and the problem persists, scan your system with an anti-malware program.
TopHow to remove CryptoPriceSearch Virus from Google Chrome on Mac:
- Open Chrome browser.
- Enter in the url field “chrome://extensions” address and hit Enter.
- Find CryptoPriceSearch Virus on the extensions list and click on the recycle bin icon next to it.
- Click on 'Chrome' button at the top left corner. Select 'Preferences' on a drop-down menu box.
- Find 'Search' options on Settings tab. If your search engine is changed, click 'Manage Search Engines' and set your preferred search engine.
- On the same page find 'Show home button' checkbox and change your homepage.
- On the 'Preferences' menu window, scroll down to the bottom and find 'Reset settings' button. Click it.
- Confirm your selection and click 'Reset' on the following window.