Browse-search.com virus is a browser hijacker that can replace your homepage and default search provider and make a lot of mess in your browsers. The program is compatible with all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Usually it comes bundled to other software, such as free music or video players, PDF creators, etc. Browse-search.com virus doesn’t require a separate authorization to be added, so it can infiltrate into many systems quite easily.
Although at first sight Browse-search.com looks like most of the search engines, it cannot provide relevant search results. It mainly includes sponsored websites despite what search query you enter. What is more, the program shows numerous ads in your search results and tries to make you click on them. The goal of Browse-search.com virus is to advertise some commercial websites and enhance their traffic as well as page rank in search results.
Be more careful with what you are downloading in the future and you will avoid similar hijackers. Always choose Custom or Advanced installation when getting new programs and never agree to change your homepage or search provider to unknown websites like Browse-search.com. Also make sure you deselect options that indicate about additional downloads, if they are not familiar to you. Remove Browse-search.com virus if it has already affected your browsers.
At first, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall anything related to Browse-search.com from there. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove Browse-search.com virus from Internet Explorer (older versions):
- Click on the arrow on the right of the search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click on Change search defaults;
- Remove Browse-search.com from the list.
How to remove Browse-search.com virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How to remove Browse-search.com virus from Firefox:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it and reset it;
- Type “browser.startup.homepage” in the search box. Right click it and reset;
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on every new tab;
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. Enter user.js in the search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How to remove Browse-search.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list;
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose ‘Open blank page’ (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too);
- If your New Tab page is hijacked, you will have to scan with anti-malware program or use New Tab Redirect extension from Chrome Store.
Automatic Malware removal tools