Bigseekpro.com is a search engine that gets traffic from redirected users mostly. If your home page, default search engine and/or new tab page are changed to it out of nowhere, you must be having browser hijacker issues. Redirections are caused by toolbars that promote this search engine. Bigseekpro.com uses a customized Yahoo! search for web and Google for videos and news. Please note, the results displayed are not the same as those of the original search tools. Browser hijackers like Bigseekpro.com tend to mix advertised links among the results displayed and by tricking a computer user into clicking on such a promoted link earn money.
Bigseekpro.com might be caused by the toolbars that come bundled with freeware, such as video converters, streaming, download- managers, PDF creators and other. Redirection might be related to installing of hypercam, Free Youtube Downloader and the toolbars attached to them. If you choose to install any software that is free of charge, always select custom installation and remove the check boxes for any additional toolbars. It will prevent from having unwanted changes like those of Bigseekpro.com in the future.
If you have redirection issues, it is recommended to solve them even though the toolbars causing the problem are not malicious. One of the main threats is an increased risk to get infected with viruses and Trojans. When you click on the advertised links in search results, some of them might be malicious or lead to corrupted websites and inject infections. Bigseekpro.com does not take any responsibility for the content it displays.
In order to remove the reason of redirections we recommend using special browser hijacker removal tools, such as Spyhunter. One might choose a manual removal only if she is computer literate enough because deleting of files without knowing about their functions might cause even more damage to computer. If you still want to use a manual removal, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list. Search for an application named as Bigseekpro, hypercam toolbar, Hyperionics DB Toolbar, FYTDL DB Toolbar or anything unfamiliar. Remove it. It might be that more than one unwanted application was installed therefore it is recommended to remove anything that was added on the same day and you did not add it intentionally. Once again, if you are not computer savvy, use automatic removal;
- Go to browser extensions and remove all unnecessary ones:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Search for Bigseekpro, hypercam toolbar, Hyperionics DB Toolbar, FYTDL DB Toolbar or anything unfamiliar. If you find any entries, disable them.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Bigseekpro, hypercam toolbar, Hyperionics DB Toolbar, FYTDL DB Toolbar or anything unfamiliar, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” ->; “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Bigseekpro, hypercam toolbar, Hyperionics DB Toolbar, FYTDL DB Toolbar or anything unfamiliar, disable them.
- Change your home page, default search engine and new tab page to the one you used before infection.
- You may also wish to search the registry and delete all the entried related to Bigseekpro, hypercam, Hyperionics DB or FYTDL DB.
Automatic Malware removal tools