B1 is a free file archiver which is available for all popular OS. You can get it from its official website however this toolbar can also be installed to your computer bundled with other programs. If installed this way, B1 Toolbar can change your homepage and search provider to search.b1.org without your consent. Although you are able to decline installing this toolbar to your computer during installation of a particular program, many users skip this step without noticing it and end up having this annoying application.
B1 Toolbar includes many sponsored websites to your search results’ list making it less accurate and causes redirects to these sites. In addition, it displays various ads that are very disturbing and annoying. You should also know that the program is able to track your browsing history and other online activities. Later this information is sent to the remote servers where it is used for marketing purposes.
As you see, B1 Toolbar is an annoying application which consumes lots of your time by redirecting to the websites that do not interest you and bringing up ads. As it changes your homepage, you will probably find it very irritating too. You may be used to visiting some specific website every time you open your browser. Now you will be forced to visit search.b1.org instead. Although B1 Toolbar is not a virus, it is recommended to remove it, especially if you haven’t installed it intentionally. It is not only disturbing, but it increases a risk of your computer getting infected with malware and Trojans. You can easily click on an ad containing malware once you are redirected to a corrupted webpage or a malicious link can be included to your search results. Below we explain how to remove B1 Toolbar from your system.
B1 Toolbar Removal Instructions:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to B1 Toolbar. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for B1 Toolbar and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to B1 Toolbar, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to B1 Toolbar, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.
Automatic Malware removal tools