Anywhere.me Toolbar is an annoying program that is installed to computers without users’ consent. Usually it infiltrates bundled with free applications form the Internet. The program changes your homepage and default search engine without user’s permission and brings more inconveniences for the user.
Anywhere.me Toolbar looks like a regular search engine, but it doesn’t do the job very well. It displays tons of sponsored websites in the search results. This way your searches are not accurate because you are forced to visit specific websites that are not that closely related to your search terms. It should also be mentioned that you can easily get infected by more serious malware when visiting these websites. Remember that Anywhere.me Toolbar can also be used to track your browsing activity and collect your private information. The data is usually sent to a remote server and can be used for various purposes, which not only breach your privacy rights but also might cause a risk to your personal data security.
You should not trust Anywhere.me Toolbar if you haven’t installed it by yourself but it exists on your browser. Keeping this program on your computer only puts your system to risk. To remove Anywhere.me Toolbar from your computer go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” in Programs area. Look for Anywhere.me Toolbar on a list and click on Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on which browser you are using you will also have to remove Anywhere.me Toolbar add-ons and Extensions.
How to remove Anywhere.me Toolbar from IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Anywhere.me Toolbar from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
How to remove Anywhere.me Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Anywhere.me Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
How to remove Anywhere.me Toolbar Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally we recommend you to run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter.
Automatic Malware removal tools