Alnaddy.com virus is a browser hijacker that is promoted together with free downloads from the Internet. The program modifies your browser settings and changes your homepage and default search provider to alnaddy.com. The aim of this application is to promote a bunch of websites and make money from affiliate links.
Alnaddy.com virus displays a bunch of ads on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. They appear when you are making searches or visiting certain websites. Every ad contains sponsored links so if you click on them, you will be redirect to websites that Alnaddy.com virus promotes. This way, the program increases page ranking of these websites in search results and make some financial benefits.
Alnaddy.com virus is installed to computers without users’ consent. They come bundled with a bunch of free tools. If you want to avoid installing such applications, you have to pay more attention to your freeware downloads. Choose Custom installation whenever you are downloading something and carefully check every installation step. If it offers you downloading additional programs, always refuse, unless you know it’s a useful application.
Remove Alnaddy.com virus from your computer if you have already noticed it on your browser. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well.
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Alnaddy.com virus listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Alnaddy.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools