Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup is a malicious program that is installed to computers by adware or some other unwanted applications. The add-on can be infiltrated to Internet, Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Once inside, it starts displaying tons of pop up messages with ads and links to sponsored websites, and badly disturbs user’s daily browsing routine.
Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup is distributed to random browsers using Trojan viruses or it can be bundled to various free applications. Sometimes, users can be convinced to to download it by themselves thinking that it is a legitimate software. Despite the way of distribution, Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup cause the same problems.
The program aims to make money by generating traffic to promoted websites. It can also collect information about your browsing habits which later can be used for marketing or other purposes. Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup only causes inconveniences to the computer users and for this reason it is highly recommended to get rid of it.
To remove Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup, you should scan your PC with anti-adware programs like spyhunter. Considering that this advertising network might be distributed with more dangerous forms of parasites, you might want to scan with hitman and malwarebytes too. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Adserv.Quiklinx.net from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Adserv.Quiklinx.net popup is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic Malware removal tools