Adanak is yet another adware that comes into users’ computers without their knowledge. It is classified as an adware and a PUP (potentially unwanted program) due to several malicious actions that it performs. It works as a browser extension and can perfectly operate on all most popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Adanak should improve your web browsing experience by giving you a chance to search web easier and faster. However, this attribute of program is not efficient and instead of it you will see a lot of various types of ads on your web browser. Do not click on them in any case because once you do it you will be immediately redirected to third parties website that may be infected and do harm to your computer. Furthermore, Adanak will collect your personal information like browsing history, search queries or top visited sites and transfer this information to third parties later on. They use this data to improve their ads according to given information and make them more engaging to you. It can be very difficult to remove Adanak from infected computer because it modifies registries and adds its own files that are difficult to detect. If you noticed Adanak on your computer, wait no more and get rid of it.
Even though it is not a virus, but a lot of users may think that way because Adanak gets installed without their knowledge. This is because Adanak travels bundled with other free software. In order to avoid this malicious program, pay attention to installation process of freebies. Do not skip any steps and opt out to a custom or advanced install mode to make sure you are aware of what are you installing. Read all terms and conditions as well. In case your computer is already infected, try to scan it with a trustworthy anti-malware like Spyhunter or malwarebytes and it will solve problem automatically. If you would like to perform this manually, just follow our step-by-step Adanak removal guide given below.
Using Control Panel to remove the main Adanak components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Adanak and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Adanak from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Adanak and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Adanak from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Adanak related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Adanak from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Adanak. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic Malware removal tools