Ad.turn Adware is an advertising platform that is used to display various pop up ads while users are browsing using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The program is distributes to computers through Trojan viruses and it was designed for promotional purposes as well as create traffic for new websites.
Once inside, Ad.turn Adware displays various messages with ads while users are checking some websites or making some searches. If you click on these messages, the program will redirect you to some unfamiliar website. This way Ad.turn Adware is collecting traffic and making money for sponsored websites.
It is highly recommended to remove Ad.turn Adware from your system as soon as you notice its activity. The program is not only annoying but it can also pose risk to your security. If it reroutes you to some compromised website, your system can easily be infected with a malware or other type of threat. To remove this annoying application, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Ad.turn Adware listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Ad.turn Adware from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Ad.turn Adware is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic Malware removal tools