A.Kaytri.com malware is an adware that can pop up while you are browsing the Internet. The message appears when using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The purpose of the program is to create traffic and display various advertisements. It can be distributed through Trojan viruses, as an attachment in spam emails, bundled with freeware and so on. Despite the way it infiltrates , the consequences are the same.
Once inside A.Kaytri.com malware displays a pop up message, while you are browsing the Internet. This message can contain some malicious links that will redirect your to websites containing malware. In addition, the program is used to collect data about users’ online activities which can be used for various marketing purposes and lead to more ads appearing on your system.
You should be very care when installing any free programs form the Internet and make sure not to install additional programs that can be harmful for you. Always opt for custom installation so you could control what components are being downloaded to your computer. If you already got A.Kaytri.com malware in your computer, you should remove it once detected. Removal instructions depends on which browser you are using and how the program has infiltrated to your computer.
Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see A.Kaytri.com malware listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove A.Kaytri.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).