7go.com virus is a browser hijacker that has been attacking many computers all over the world. The program displays numerous advertisements on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The application mostly interrupts your work when you are performing search on your Internet browser. It adds various sponsored websites to your search results and displays ads about computer games. As it consumes lots of your system resources, the latter becomes considerably slower.
7go.com virus is infiltrated to computers using unfair methods which are legal and one can blame only herself for getting this annoying application because of being inattentive. It is usually added to free programs that users can download from the Internet. The application is installed automatically, unless users refuse that during the installation of the main freeware, which is often forgotten, especially if one chooses an automatic installation process instead of a custom one. Because of such unfair infiltration, 7go.com virus is considered to be a potentially unwanted program.
It is recommended to remove 7go.com virus as soon as you notice its first ads on your computer. It is known to reroute infected computers to various malicious websites where you can get your system attacked by malware and other dangerous threats. In such a case you will have much more serious issues than irritating popups to deal with.
To remove 7go.com virus, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well.
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see 7go.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove 7go.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools