4Loot is a system that promises visitors free Facebook credits. These credits can be gained by browsing web using its search system or using its toolbar. That is why some people install this toolbar, though there is a possibility to get in installed bundled with other software. While 4loot toolbar is not malicious on itself, it might be annoying due to the fact that it hijacks your default search provider. The makers of these toolbars earn money from affiliate commission and advertisements shown during the searches. Personally, I recommend not using 4loot and similar toolbars. If it came bundled with other software, you should remove it at once.
4Loot toolbars can be uninstalled normally from control panel or from each browser extension list. However, some of the people using and removing the toolbar might face the problems with its search engine. You will have to reset your search providers back to default, and remove 4loot search from the list.
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following
- On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers
- On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove 4loot from the list
On Firefox :
- Go to “about:config” settings and do following =>
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
On Google Chrome:
- Click gear icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove 4Loot from list
If 4loot came bundled with other software, we recommend scanning with spyhunter to check if you got no known adware or other malicious software. This can happen even without 4loot consent.
Automatic Malware removal tools