4-you.net virus is a browser hijacker that can affect your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The program is distributed bundled to free applications that can be easily downloaded from the Internet. If you have recently downloaded any PDF creator, video recorder or other free program and your homepage and default search provider are now changed to 4-you.net, that means your computer has been infected.
4-you.net in fact works a normal search engine and there is no need to worry if your search results are somehow affected. However, since it has relations with Conduit, it is not recommended to keep it on your computer. Besides, the program makes changes in your browser without your permission and it can be pretty annoying.
There is an easy way to avoid such unwanted applications that come bundled with other tools. Many of us do not pay much attention to the installation processes and in fact this can be a reason why we constantly detect programs that we think we haven’t even installed. If you always follow installation steps carefully, you will be able to see what additional applications are offered to be installed together with your desired software and you will have a chance to refuse their installations.
To remove 4-you.net virus from your system, you should go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove 4-you.net virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the 4-you.net from the list
How To remove 4-you.net virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove 4-you.net virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Malware removal tools