xVidly - How to remove?
xVidly is a program that is presented as a download manager. However, many users have reported that it causes some unwanted actions on the system too. Although you can download the program on its official website, usually it is downloaded to computers without user’s consent. It can be bundled to various free programs that you can get from the Internet.
Once inside, xVidly makes some changes in your system so it could easily perform on your computer. You will notice its toolbar on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The program may also change your homepage and default search provider. Unfortunately xVidly cannot offer the best search services. It displays lots of sponsored websites despite what search you made. In fact it seeks to boost traffic to these websites however it is very annoying for the users who expect to browse the Internet as they used to.
Beware that such browser extension can contribute to revealing your sensitive information as they can track your browsing activities. Later this data can be transferred to the third parties. It is highly recommended to remove xVidly from your system if you haven’t installed it by yourself. If the program has managed to enter your system without your knowledge it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program. We offer full removal instructions of this browser extension below.
Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see xVidly listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove xVidly from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).