WSearch - How To Remove?
WSearch is a browser hijacker that takes over Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The program infiltrates to random computers bundled with other software that users are downloading by themselves. Once inside the system, it modifies your system’s parameters and performs many unwanted actions.
WSearch replaces your default search engine and homepage. Although it looks like a regular search provider, in fact it redirects to many commercial websites and also includes these pages to your search results. WSearch can also reroute you to some malicious websites where your system can easily be infected with malware or other types of infections.
Be very careful with your downloads if you want to avoid programs like WSearch infiltrating into your computer. If you follow the steps of each installation, you will be able to see what additional programs are bundled with the main one. Refuse installing any unknown ones to your computer.
To remove WSearch, delete it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list . It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus installs software that block browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Reimage, SpyHunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove WSearch from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the WSearch from the list
How To remove WSearch from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove WSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic WSearch removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove WSearch, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.