How to remove WiseConvert toolbar?
What is WiseConvert toolbar?
WiseConvert is a toolbar that allows newest content to be delivered directly to a browser, offers a search tool, possibility to customize the applications used, get notifications to a desktop and access e-mail as well as Facebook directly from the browser. It can be installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. This toolbar was created using the Conduit platform. The latter upholds the highest privacy and security standards. All sounds nice but only if you chose to install the application yourself and was not tricked into using it. Alas, Internet users complain that WiseConvert got to their browsers out of nowhere. What is even worse, they find it very difficult to remove the toolbar.
The information collected by WiseConvert might be used for providing a computer user with ads more relevant to her. You will not be able to eliminate displaying of them or change your search provider unless you remove the toolbar and all files related to it. Alas removal from Control Panel is not enough. Often one does not even find the toolbar listed there. Applications like WiseConvert are programmed to hide themselves from removal because the more users are forced to have them; the more money is generated for the company behind adware.
Depending on the Internet browser that got affected by WiseConvert, follow the instructions below, do not forget to scan your computer using antivirus that can detect adware and remove it, e.g. Spyhunter:
How to remove WiseConvert from IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to WiseConvert from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
How to remove WiseConvert from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → ‘WiseConvert ‘ Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com instead of WiseConvert under the ‘General’ tab.
How to uninstall WiseConvert from Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
- Finally, select ‘Web Search’ from the list and remove WiseConvert by clicking the “X” mark.
How to uninstall WiseConvert from Apple Safari:
- Open the Finder application
- Browse to Applications.
- Find WiseConvert in Toolbars settings
- Double-click on “Uninstall”.
- Fill in the “User name & Password” and click the OK button.
WiseConvert toolbar is Dangerous
WiseConvert toolbar logs your internet browsing history
WiseConvert toolbar displays lots of annoying advertisements
WiseConvert toolbar may infect your system via spyware or freeware
WiseConvert toolbar may repair its files, spread or update by itself
WiseConvert toolbar may prove difficult or impossible to remove
WiseConvert toolbar violates your privacy and compromises your security
for WiseConvert toolbar detection
Note: Spyhunter trial provides detection of parasite like WiseConvert toolbar and assists in its removal for free. You can remove detected files, processes and registry entries yourself or purchase a full version.
WiseConvert toolbar screenshots
Manual WiseConvert toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove WiseConvert toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other malware and spyware removal applications found on 2-viruses.com.
Stop these WiseConvert toolbar processes:
Remove these WiseConvert toolbar files:
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other WiseConvert toolbar infected files and get help in WiseConvert toolbar removal by using free Spyhunter scanner. It comes with free real-time protection module that helps preventing WiseConvert toolbar and similar threats.
WiseConvert toolbar is Adware, which means that it plays, displays, or downloads advertising material to a system after being installed. WiseConvert toolbar is known to display numerous annoying pop-ups while running.
Such Adware as WiseConvert toolbar often hijacks your homepage and replaces it with third party commercial and marketing site. Then WiseConvert toolbar proceeds to alter your browser code to prevent you from changing vital browser options.
However, the most dangerous threat WiseConvert toolbar poses is that such Adware may steal your private information and browsing history and pass it to third parties without your knowledge and consent.