White Trader - How To Remove?
White Trader is an adware program that enters computers without users’ permission, changes your system settings and causes some unwanted actions there. The program mainly interrupts user’s activity by displaying different ads that provide information about various coupons, offers, promotions, etc. The problem with these messages is that they contain links to the websites that are promoted by White Trader. This way, the websites gain better traffic, but for the user it is a bit annoying.
You should be aware that White Trader is not a virus. However, it can pose the risk to your system if it redirects you to some malicious website. This way you can get your system infected without even knowing about it. For this reason, security expert recommend removing this adware from your computer in order to avoid any damage that it can cause.
White Trader usually displays its ads on shopping websites, like eBay, Amazon, Walmart and others. It makes sense because at this point most of the computer users are willing to spend money and they can easily be attracted by the offers that appear in the ads. You should always be aware that by clicking on the unknown links you pose your computer to risk.
It is recommended to remove White Trader from your computer as soon as you detect it on your system. It’s an adware that is considered to be a potentially unwanted program so you don’t need it on your PC. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see White Trader listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your system doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on what browser you use, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults;
- Remove White Trader from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note that a manual removal of White Trader from Control Panel might not always solve ad displaying problems. One of the reasons is that more than one adware and browser hijacker could have been installed. In such a case you should scan your computer with Spyhunter.