How to remove Websearchinc.net virus
Websearchinc.net virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random browser without users’ consent. The program comes up as a default browser and seems to be like a regular search website. However, it infiltrates into computers without users’ permission and for this reason, many users consider it a virus.
The program is actually installed together with other programs and users are able to see it if they carefully follow installation steps of free programs they are downloading form the Internet, for example, video or music players and so on. You should always deselect options to install any unknown applications as you will end up installing something like Websearchinc.net virus.
The aim of Websearchinc.net virus is to promote several websites and get some information about browsing habits of the users. For this reason, it replaces your homepage and default search engine, expecting that you will use it. Websearchinc.net virus includes tons of sponsored websites in your search results and it also redirects to unknown pages for no reason. The program can also track what search queries you enter and which websites you are visiting the most. This information can be later used for marketing.
It is recommended to remove Websearchinc.net virus if it appeared on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Websearchinc.net listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Websearchinc.net from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Websearchinc.net virus removal tools
Manual Websearchinc.net virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Websearchinc.net virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Websearchinc.net virus infected files and get help in Websearchinc.net virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.