How to remove Websearch.wisesearch.info virus
Websearch.wisesearch.info virus is a browser hijacker that can be bundled to various free programs and added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome without a user’s consent. The program changes your browser settings and sets your homepage as well as default search provider to Websearch.wisesearch.info. The aim of this application is to advertise certain websites and increase their traffic.
Once inside, the program includes a bunch of sponsored links in your search results list when you make a search enquiry on the Internet. Every time you click on these pages, you make profit for the creators of Websearch.wisesearch.info virus because they get financial benefits from affiliate links. An increase in traffic also guarantees a better page ranking in search results for these websites.
Unfortunately, computer users find it really annoying to have their work while browsing constantly interrupted by Websearch.wisesearch.info virus. The program is very disturbing and it can also lead you to malicious websites where you will risk to get your computer infected with malware or other dangerous threats. It is recommended to remove Websearch.wisesearch.info virus as soon as you detect it on your system.
You can avoid downloading such programs on your computer. Since Websearch.wisesearch.info virus is installed together with other tools that you are downloading form the Internet, for example, PDF creators, download managers, etc., you should pay more attention to the installation steps of such programs. Usually you can deselect additional applications that come bundled with the main software that you are installing. However, if your browser had already been infected, we recommend using removal instructions of Websearch.wisesearch.info virus provided below.
How to remove Websearch.wisesearch.info virus?
To remove Websearch.wisesearch.info virus you will have to scan your computer with anti-malware programs like Spyhunter or adwcleaner or uninstall all the problematic software from control panel. In some cases the software names might be random, so you should look through all the unfamiliar programs in Control Panel.
After the uninstall you should fix search providers and new tab settings in all the browsers:
Websearch.wisesearch.info virus removal For IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Websearch.wisesearch.info from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Websearch.wisesearch.info virus removal For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Websearch.wisesearch.info and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
- Enter About:config and search for Websearch.wisesearch.info and reset these settings
Websearch.wisesearch.info virus removal For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Automatic Websearch.wisesearch.info virus removal tools
Manual Websearch.wisesearch.info virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove wisesearch virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other wisesearch virus infected files and get help in wisesearch virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.