Websearch.soft-quick.info Virus - How To Remove?
Websearch.soft-quick.info virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random computers bundled with freeware. It is an irritating program that interferes your normal browsing of the websites on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once inside, it changes your browser settings, sets your homepage to Websearch.soft-quick.info and default search engine to localmoxie.com.
The program is usually installed to computers when you are downloading software, in most cases freeware, from the Internet. Very often users do not follow installation steps carefully and end up installing additional programs marked to be added by default without realizing that they gave a permission for them to be activated. This is how Websearch.soft-quick.info virus gets access to many computers.
Once inside, the program adds many sponsored links to your search results. It seeks to promote these pages and increase their traffic. In addition, Websearch.soft-quick.info virus tries to collect information about your browsing habits. It records what websites you visit and what you browse on the Internet about. All these features together with the fact that the program uses unfair methods to be installed, make Websearch.soft-quick.info virus to be categorized as a potentially unwanted program.
As soon as you detect any traces of this hijacker on any of your browsers, make sure you remove it. First, you will have to remove Websearch.soft-quick.info from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Reimage, SpyHunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Websearch.soft-quick.info virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Websearch.soft-quick.info from the list
How To remove Websearch.soft-quick.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Websearch.soft-quick.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).