Websearch.simplesearches.info virus - How to remove?
Websearch.simplesearches.info virus is a browser hijacker that can hijack Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. It’s a program that users mainly install by themselves without noticing it during installation process as it tends to be bundled with free software and is added by default. Although it is possible to refuse installing Websearch.simplesearches.info virus at one of the steps of installation of the main program, users always skip it without even having a look at the removal option.
Once inside, the program modifies settings of the hijacked browser and changes your homepage as well as default search engine. When you try to make a search, the search results will mainly include sponsored websites. This way Websearch.simplesearches.info virus promotes these pages and increase traffic there. Additionally, you will notice many ads appearing on your screen which redirect to many unwanted pages all the time.
To avoid Websearch.simplesearches.info virus, you should be more attentive with your downloads and never agree to install anything that you are not aware of. This way you will avoid many adware, browser hijackers and ensure a better protection of your computer.
How to remove Websearch.simplesearches.info virus?
To remove Websearch.simplesearches.info virus you will have to scan your computer with anti-malware programs like Reimage, SpyHunter or adwcleaner or uninstall all the problematic software from control panel. In some cases the software names might be random, so you should take care and investigate all the programs in Control Panel.
After the uninstall you should fix search providers and new tab settings in all the browsers:
Websearch.simplesearches.info virus removal For IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Tuvaro or Websearch.simplesearches.info from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Websearch.simplesearches.info virus removal For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Tuvaro or Websearch.simplesearches.info and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
- Enter About:config and search for Websearch.simplesearches.info virus and reset these settings
Websearch.simplesearches.info removal For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.