Websearch.search-guide.info Virus - How To Remove?
Websearch.search-guide.info virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The program modifies you browser settings and replaces your homepage and default search provider with its own. It can affect just one of your browsers or all of them. You will see which ones are infected by the changes made in their settings.
Websearch.search-guide.info virus appears on computers after installing free programs from the Internet. It can be downloaded as an additional program with free PDF creators, music players and so on. You can avoid such installations if you follow the steps attentively and remove the check boxes marked by default that offer additional tools. Deselect any options that suggest installing programs that are not familiar to you.
Although Websearch.search-guide.info virus doesn’t damage your system, it can cause redirections to unknown websites that might be infected. Subsequently your computer can get attacked by more serious viruses and ransomware. Not to mention that it is very annoying when the program takes over your search provider and includes many sponsored links to your search results. This way Websearch.search-guide.info virus builds traffic for the websites it promotes and increases their page ranking.
Do not trust this annoying application. Remove Websearch.search-guide.info virus as soon as you detect it on your computer. Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Reimage, SpyHunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove search-guide.info virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right)->Manage Addons;
- Select Search Providers;
- Change the default search engine to Bing or Google;
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
How To remove Websearch.search-guide.info virus from Internet Explorer (old versions):
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Websearch.search-guide.info from the list
How To remove Websearch.search-guide.info virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Websearch.search-guide.info virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).