Websearch+ - How to remove?
Websearch+ is a conduit based search engine hijacker owed by Brand Thunder, LLC. It consists of three parts: WebSearch+ Savings Offers, WebSearch+ Search Enhancements, WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant. When you perform a simple search, you will get some of the results, usually those listed on the top having a mentioning they are delivered by Websearch+. The latter collaborates with partners including Save Valet and Kourl. WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant uses Superfish and other shopping providers to bring instant price comparisons as you search and shop. Third party advertisements might be displayed as coupons, price-comparisons, media, and affiliate links.
One may get infected with Websearch+ that causes redirections to websearch.brandthunder.com after installing Brand Thunder Firefox Themes, Chrome Themes and Internet Explorer Browser Themes. The application causing replacement of your default search engine, new tab and home page with the one promoted comes bundled with the themes. WebSearch+ is built into the browser theme to raise money for theme development because the themes are free of charge.
Those having to deal with Websearch+ complain that the application starts searching for items on Internet after a second of hovering over anything. Another issue related to having this application installed is that it clouds search results. The links presented by Websearch+ shift the original results down making it easy to accidentally click on them. Please note that Brand Thunder does not take any responsibility for the content it displays, and some of the links might be malicious. Even though WebSearch+ is not a virus itself, the way it causes search results to shift makes it very easy to accidentally click on an infected link and get a virus or a Trojan to your computer.
In order to protect your computer from possible infections and get rid of redirection as well as displaying of advertisements, it is recommended to remove Websearch+ and all its components from your computer. Please note uninstalling the theme is not enough. You should follow the steps below:
- Scan your computer using a reliable antimalware program that can deal with adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter. If you choose to use anything else, check before scanning if it can detect this type of threat.
- After the scan is completed, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs list. Check is there is anything Websearch+ related: WebSearch+ Savings Offers, WebSearch+ Search Enhancements, WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant, Personas Interactive or anything similar to them. Uninstall those applications that you find.
- Go to browser extensions and check if there are no unwanted toolbars left:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for WebSearch+ Savings Offers, WebSearch+ Search Enhancements, WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant, Personas Interactive or anything similar to them and disable these entries.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to WebSearch+ Savings Offers, WebSearch+ Search Enhancements, WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant, Personas Interactive or anything similar to them, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to WebSearch+ Savings Offers, WebSearch+ Search Enhancements, WebSearch+ Shopping Assistant, Personas Interactive or anything similar to them, disable them.
- If your home page and default search engine are still websearch.brandthunder.com, change it via browser settings.
Automatic Websearch+ removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Websearch+ removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Websearch+, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.