Websearch.a-searchpage.info - How to remove?
Websearch.a-searchpage.info is another hijacker that can be added to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while downloading freeware from the Internet. It is closely related to Smart Address Bar Toolbar. The aim of this program is to make the users use its search engine and promote certain websites by redirecting to them. Usually, the user doesn’t know about the infiltration of Websearch.a-searchpage.info untill it starts acting on the system.
At first, you will notice that your homepage and default search engine is replace to Websearch.a-searchpage.info. Although it looks like a regular search tool, the program doesn’t really work exactly the same way. It usually ads many sponsored websites to your search results making them less accurate and forcing you to visit certain pages. The fact that Websearch.a-searchpage.info gets into computer using bundling method makes the program to be potentially unwanted.
To avoid this hijacker reaching your system, you have to make sure to be very careful while installing anything from the Internet, especially if it’s a free program. Always follow each step of the installation and make sure you don’t agree to download any unknown applications. Normally if you just skip this step Websearch.a-searchpage.info is installed to your computer automatically. You should obviously avoid this program if you don’t want to experience all inconveniences this hijacker brings. You should also remember that browser hijackers tends to record the information about your browsing habits and send it to the remote server that can later bring you some security related issues.
It is recommended to remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info hijacker from your computer as soon as you detected it on your computer. Follow the steps that we provided below to learn how to do it:
- Try uninstalling Websearch.a-searchpage.info. You should go to Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list, locate the application there and remove it. If you do not see Websearch.a-searchpage.info, use Spyhunter, it will detect any browser hijackers and adware that might have come with Websearch.a-searchpage.info.com or might have been hiden/saved under another name. Additionally, hijackers might have installed software that prevents browser settings from being changed. Such software ranges from legitimate on to trojan – based only. Make sure you scan your PC with anti-malware programs or your browser settings might revert to hijacked ones
- Check if there is no Websearch.a-searchpage.info left among browser extensions:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Websearch.a-searchpage.info and disable these entries.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Websearch.a-searchpage.info, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Websearch.a-searchpage.info, disable them.
- If your home page is still Websearch.a-searchpage.info, remove it manually:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools ->Internet Options. Remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Google Chrome click on the Customize icon -> Settings. Click Set Pages under the startup. Remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Options (or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options). Under the General tab remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info and replace it with your preferred home page.
- If your search engine is still Websearch.a-searchpage.info, reset it to the one you prefer:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools -> Manage Add Ons -> .Search Providers, Select Google or Bing as default engine and remove the Websearch.a-searchpage.info search engine from the list.
- For Google Chrome go to the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) -> Settings -> Manage search engines -> select a new search engine as the default one -> click X next to Websearch.a-searchpage.info to remove it.
- For Mozilla Firefox, click on the search magnify glass icon near the search box, click Manage Search Engines. Remove the Websearch.a-searchpage.info rom the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking Remove. Alternatively, you might have to perform these steps:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
If you did not scan your computer with Spyhunter in the first step, it is recommended to perform a full system scan after all the steps are completed. It will ensure all the remains of Websearch.a-searchpage.info are removed as well as any viruses that might have infected your system while this browser hijacker was active.
Automatic Websearch.a-searchpage.info removal tools
Manual Websearch.a-searchpage.info removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove a-searchpage, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other a-searchpage infected files and get help in a-searchpage removal by using Spyhunter scanner.