Value Apps - How To Remove?
Value Apps is an adware program that claims to improve your browsing experience but in fact is a malicious application that will only cause you problems. Once inside, the program displays tons of ads on your computer that contain various coupons and offers. These messages look like nice deals and some people may even find them to be very useful. However, usually they are very annoying and disturb your everyday activities on the Internet.
Value Apps is distributed by Conduit Community of Toolbars which is responsible for a bunch of similar programs, like Coupon Buddy, Coupon Slider and others. They all are installed bundled with other programs, like PDF creators, music players or other unpaid programs from the Internet. Users don’t always notice how these programs are installed but basically it is done automatically together with the other downloads. For this reason, you should pay attention to the steps of any installations and refuse installing additional programs unless you know they are useful and you want to have them on your computer.
Value Apps messages appear all the time when you are browsing the Internet, usually when you are visiting shopping websites, like eBay, Amazon, Walmart and so on. The worst part is that these messages can redirect you to different websites and some of them might be infected. This way you would end up getting your system attacked by malware if you visit malicious websites.
It is recommended to remove Value Apps from your computer once you detect its very first signs of activity on your system. It’s a worthless program that will only bring you problems. To remove Value Apps you should go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Value Apps listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Value Apps from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note that usually more than one adware and/or browser hijacker is installed therefore a manual removal from Control Panel might not solve redirecting and advertisement issues. If this is the case for you and after uninstalling Value Apps your browser settings can not be restored, scan your computer using Spyhunter.