United Kingdom Police Virus - How to remove?
United Kingdom Police virus is a ransomware that seeks to get extra money from random computer users. The program gets into computer using Trojan viruses without users’ knowledge. It blocks the system entirely and does not allow to do anything there. United Kingdom Police virus displays a message on the screen that accuses you of violating the law and tells you to pay a fine. Here’s what the message states:
United Kingdom Police
Police Central e-crime Unit
ATTENTION! Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the threee reasons specified below.
You have been violating “Copyright and Related Rights Law” (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 128 of the Criminal Code of Great Britain.
Article 128 of the Criminal Code provides for a fine of 200 to 500 minimal wages or deprivation of liberty for 2 to 8 years.
The message looks very convincing and the name of British Police makes it look even more scary as you don’t want to have any problems with this institution. It basically claims that you have violated the Criminal Code of Great Britain and for this reason your computer has been blocked. The message asks you to pay 100 dollars fine. You have to do it using Ukash or PaySafeCard payment systems. Although the text says that paying the money should solve all issues related to this case, you should be aware that it is a scam. If you look at the message of United Kingdom Police virus closer you may even notice some mistakes there. It is a project created by cyber criminals who are looking for easy ways to earn money.
Do not trust United Kingdom Police virus as it has nothing to do with justice and law. Cybercriminals often use names of well known institutions in order to gain trust and deceive computer users. You may have already heard of PCeU virus that started spreading a while ago. Both programs use exactly the same methods. However, it would be hard to believe that police would collect fines using such methods. You should remove United Kingdom Police virus from your system as soon as you detect it on your computer. We provide you with the removal instructions below.
- Restart your computer, press F8 while it is restarting;
- Choose safe mode with networking;
- Launch MSConfig;
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
- Restart your computer again;
- Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to find the file and remove it. Here is a video guide, showing how to do all the steps:
If you cannot use Safe Mode, try rebooting into safe mode with command prompt. Here is how to delete United Kingdom Police virus using this approach:
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. United Kingdom Police virus should not be launched this time.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should refer to Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of users folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete United Kingdom Police virus executables it finds.
Here is a video guide illustrating this virus removal method:
Note, that if all of safe modes are blocked and you can not access other user account and run Anti-Malware program scan from there, there is a chance to clean the PC again.
We recommend either using Bootable antivirus CD/USB disk and scanning with it or calling +1-888-334-2444 (USA / CA ) for help.
Automatic United Kingdom Police Virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual United Kingdom Police Virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove United Kingdom Police Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.