Triple-Search.com Virus - How To Remove?
Triple-Search.com virus is a browser hijacker that affects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The program can be installed together with a bunch of freeware and although users can detect it while adding those programs, many of them simply allow this hijacker to enter their systems without even knowing it. This happens if you skip installation steps without even looking what they say. Usually you have to deselect options to install various bundles, including Triple-Search.com virus because the latter are checked for you beforehand.
Once inside, the program makes some changes in your browser settings. It replaces your homepage and default search provider with Triple-Search.com. This website looks like a normal search page, however, it is not considered to be a reliable search provider. The tool includes many sponsored links to your search results. It actually promotes a few commercial websites and increases their traffic as well as page ranking in search results.
Although Triple-Search.com virus does not cause any harm to your system, it complicates your work on the Internet. First of all, it is not fair to make changes in your browser settings like this. Second, it interrupts your browsing by promoting commercial pages and does not allow you to get the best out of your search results. You should be more careful with the downloads from the Internet, for example, PDF creators, music players, video recorders and so on. Never agree to alter your homepage or search provider to unknown websites or to make any other changes that could hinder into your browsing in future.
To remove Triple-Search.com virus, you have to go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to delete ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Reimage, SpyHunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Triple-Search.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove Triple-Search.com from the list
How To remove Triple-Search.com virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Triple-Search.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Triple-Search.com virus removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Triple-Search.com virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.