„This website has been blocked for you!” Virus - How to remove?
„This website has been blocked for you!“ is a Trojan virus that blocks your computer‘s screen with the message stating that the webpage you are about to open is blocked as a result of a recent spam bot like activity. The warning is likely to be displayed by cyber criminals when visiting such popular pages as ebay.com, amazon.com, google.com, paypal.com or other. The text asks you to fill in online surveys this way supposedly checking if the user trying to open the website is a real human.
„This website has been blocked for you!“ virus causes redirects to 220.127.116.11. The reason for redirections is a Trojan infection which modifies operating system’s Hosts file. Even though the victim is not asked to pay any money, once she gets tricked and fills out the survey, she generates revenue for cyber criminals who get paid by rogue affiliate markets. Moreover such scams like „This website has been blocked for you!“ virus might trick into subscribing for costly mobile services as well as collect personal information.
The text of the message might be similar to these ones:
This website has been blocked for you!
Steps to access this website again:
1. Click unlock button below
2. Pick survey to verify that you are human
3. Complete survey
4. Continue using this website
This website has been blocked because of your recent activity. Your actions have been marked as spam bot like, to visit this website again follow instructions on the left. This is made for security reasons. Please take your tine to go through the certification process to restore your access to blocked websites, thank you for your time!
The content you are browsing is blocked!
You must complete at least one offer to have an access to this page.
Message from website – You must use your VALID information while filling this offer out. If your information is fake our system is automatically alerted to permanently ban you and not unlock the download
The most used ways of distributing „This website has been blocked for you!“ virus are via malicious websites and drive-by downloads. Such tools like “Facebook hack”, “Wifi password hack” and “Free Xbox Live Gold Code Generator” are used to trick victims into downloading Trojan manually using social engineering techniques.
Please note that none of legitimate websites would ever block access to their content and ask you to fill in a survey. If you see one, it is clearly a sign of a virus that needs to be eliminated using special tools and following instructions. Below are the steps for „This website has been blocked for you!“ virus removal:
- Download Spyhunter and scan your computer. It will detect and remove files related to „This website has been blocked for you!“ virus automatically.
- Check your Hosts file, DNS and proxy settings for malicious entries. For detailed instructions of this step visit here.
- Check if there are no unfamiliar Internet browser add-ons installed:
- IE -> go to Tools (gear icon in IE9), open Manage Add-ons and remove any unfamiliar browser extensions.
- Mozilla Firefox -> click on Firefox sign at the top left corner of the main window, open Add-ons, go to Extensions and disable any unfamiliar browser extensions.
- Google Chrome -> click on a wrench or bars icon, open Tools, go to Extensions and click on the trash icon next to any unfamiliar browser extensions.
Automatic „This website has been blocked for you!" Virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual „This website has been blocked for you!” Virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove „This website has been blocked for you!" Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.