Tango Toolbar - How To Remove?
Tango Toolbar is another malicious program that is categorized as and adware program. The application is installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The program is distributed using freeware programs. It comes bundled with various musics players, PDF creators and other free programs. This is a popular way to promote new applications.
Once inside, Tango Toolbar changes the settings of your browser. It adds a new toolbar, change your homepage and default search provider. You will also notice various redirects to unknown websites that are full of advertisements. If you click on them you can even get infected with different malware infections. Tango Toolbar also cannot provide reliable search results as it includes tons of websites that are sponsored.
Another reason why it is considered to be an unwanted program is because it tracks information about your browsing habits. The program can even reveal the information about your passwords and other sensitive information and later sell it to the third parties. You shouldn’t keep Tango Toolbar in your system as it only poses risk to your computer. Below we provide removal instructions that describe every step you have to take in order to eliminate this adware.
Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Tango Toolbar listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Tango Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).