System Failure Virus - How To Remove?
System Failure virus is a ransomware program that imitates a message of FBI and tries to accuse you on doing some illegal activities on your computer. The program enters random computer systems, locks them down and shows a message in middle of computer screen warning that your PC was blocked due to violation of Copyright and Related Rights law and illegally using and distributing copyrighted contents. The message involves a name of FBI and the content of a message depends on the user’s location but in general the messages provide the same information. If can even come in different language depending on the location of infected computer. Have a look at the notification that can appear once you infected:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
All Activities of this computer has been recorded. All your files are encrypted. Don’t try to unlock your computer!
Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below.
Copyright and Related Rights law (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using and distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article I, Section B, Clause 8, also known as the Copyright of the Criminal Code of the United States of America.
Article 202 of the criminal provides for deprivation of liberty for two or twelve yours.
Illegal access has been initiated from your PC without your knowledge or consent, your PC may be infected by malware, thus you are violating the law On Neglectful Use of personal Computer. Article 210 of the Criminal Code provides for a fine of up to $100,000 and/or a deprivation of liberty for four to nine years.
System Failure virus spreads on computers using several methods. It may be attached to spam emails, one can get infected clicking on malicious link, or through downloads from insecure sources. Despite which way System Failure virus reached your system, it will behave the same manner. The program locks your computer and all of your programs and displays a message accusing you on doing some illegal activities related to using copyrighted content. It will even list the Articles of Law that you have supposedly infringed. Additionally, System Failure virus accesses your webcam and shows what is going on in your room to make this scam look like legitimate.
In order to get your system unblocked, you will be asked to pay a fine of $300 through REloadit or MoneyPak payment systems. You should never pay any fines like that as no legal institution would ever use such means to collect money. Remove System Failure Virus with no doubt.If you have access to other user account, use a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Follow instructions below as you probably will not be able to run your antispyware that easily. Please note, there is more than one version of this ransomware therefore you should use the removal method that is effective with your infection.
WHEN SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING CAN BE LAUNCHED
1. Restart your computer, press F8 while it is restarting;
2. Choose safe mode with networking;
3. Launch MSConfig;
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
5. Restart your computer again.
6. Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to find the System Failure virus files and remove them. Here is a video guide, showing how to do all the steps:
WHEN SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT CAN BE LAUNCHED
If you cannot use Safe Mode, try rebooting into safe mode with command prompt. Here is how to delete System Failure virus using this approach:
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. SYstem Failure virus should not be launched this time.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should refer to Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of user’s folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete System Failure virus executables it finds.
Here is a video guide illustrating this virus removal method:
If System Failure virus blocks any safe mode and you cannot access other user account to run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe, you may wish to try using Bootable antivirus CD/USB disk and scanning with it.