Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar - How to remove?
Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar is one more browser extension developed by Conduit. As usually, the program is installed to computer bundled with other programs. It can also be installed from its official website sweetdreams49.ourtoolbar.com. Once inside, Sweetdreams-49 changes your homepage, default search engine and installs a Toolbar to your browser. The program is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
You should be very careful with your download if you want to avoid installing programs by Conduit. All you have to do is to choose custom installation when ever you are downloading anything from the Internet. This way you will be able to see if the program includes any additional applications that could be downloaded automatically. You are highly recommended never install any unknown ones.
If you have noticed Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar in your browser and your homepage is now changed to search.conduit.com, the program is already inside your system. The problem about it is that the program can track your browsing habits and reveal your sensitive information. The search engine is quite suspicious too, as the search results always include the same sponsored websites and causes redirects.
You should remove Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar from your system immediately after its detection. First of all you have to uninstall it from Windows Control Panel. Go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” in Programs area. Look for Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar on a list and click on Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on which browser you are using you will also have to remove Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar add-ons and Extensions.
How to remove Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar from IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
How to remove Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
How to remove Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally we recommend you to run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter.