How to remove SuperFish Ads
SuperFish virus aka SuperFish Windows Shopper is an annoying application that is caused by installation of free browser plug-ins. These ads come up on your computer screen while you are visiting some popular websites for shopping, for example, amazon.com, ebay.com and few others. The ads will be signed with “Powered by Superfish” and the box itself will be named “Windows Shopper”. The reason why SuperFish virus advertisements are displayed on your computer is because your browser is infected with malware.
SuperFish Windows Shopper is included with some programs in various download sites. You should be very careful installing anything on your computer. Free software developers often bundle their products with some other downloads and you can easily install additional programs while you are installing something else. For this reason, you should always check what additional programs you are offered to install and unselect those options.
If you became a victim of SuperFish ads you will agree that it is really annoying to get these ads displayed while you are browsing the Internet. It is clear that you will want to get rid of that as soon as possible. In order to remove SuperFish ads, you have to find the latest browser extension that were installed on your computer and eliminate them. You will have to go Control Panel, choose Add/Remove Programs and look for recently installed browser extensions, for example, ReadItLater, FastSearch, FastSave,WindowsShopper. You should remove Yontoo layers as well.
We also recommend to run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, for example, spyhunter . This will ensure that your system is completely cleared from infections and protect your system against other treats in future.
Manual removal instructions of SuperFish Ads
Using control panel to remove main SuperFish components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7. Start -> Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8. Enter Control Panel in search box. You may need to confirm that you are administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for SuperFish and /or other related programs on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing SuperFish Ads from Internet Explorer
- Click on Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Check Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to SuperFish Ads and other plugins you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close The options.
Removing SuperFish Ads from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything related to SuperFish Ads and ones you do not recognise. If you the extension is not familiar to you and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, Reset Firefox :
- Go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users). Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing SuperFish Ads from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs related to SuperFish Ads. If unsure, you can disable them temporally.
- Restart chrome.
- Optionally, you can go to chrome://settings , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.