Spy Alert - How To Remove?
Spy Alert is a malicious application that was developed by Long Mile Solutions LLC. The program claims to help you in tracking cookies that are installed in your browser which may sound useful at first sight. However, the program brings more problems that benefits. Spy Alert makes some changes in your browser which lead to many annoying pop ups appearing on your system and constant redirections while you are browsing.
Spy Alert can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The program is installed together with many free programs that you can download from the Internet. Users tend to make the installation quickly and they skip many steps without even looking at them. However, sometimes you can refuse installing some additional applications at one of these steps.
Spy Alert can track your browsing activity and record what websites your are visiting, what are your search queries and even your login information and other personal details. This is a sensitive information and it can easily be used for malicious purposes. It can be sold for third parties which violates your privacy and you can have serious issues in the future.
You should remove Spy Alert from your computer immediately after detecting it on your computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Spy Alert listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Spy Alert from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).