Shopping Survey virus - How to remove?
Shopping Survey virus is an adware program that can attack any user of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It’s a program that asks you to take part in an anonymous survey and if you accept that, it promises some special offers. In fact, it’s an annoying program that interrupts your browsing activities and poses risk to get your system infected. Once Shopping Survey virus gets inside your computer, you will receive this message:
Dear Ehocom visitor,
You have been selected to take part in this anonymous survey. Tell us what you think of Ehocom in this 30 second questionnaire, and to say “thank you”, we’ll offer you a few special offers…
In fact, you will not have any profit from it. The purpose of Shopping Survey virus is to collect some information and get to know about your browsing routine and maybe get access to some of your sensitive information. The program uses web-opinions.com domain name. It will appear on your browser while visiting other pages, simply interrupting your work without any explanation.
Shopping Survey virus is promoted bundled with various free applications. You probably have installed it together with some free software that you have been downloading from the Internet. A good way to avoid installing such unwanted programs is to be more careful with your installation. Follow installation steps and check if there are any additional program bundled. This is usually visible at one of the installation steps. Do not allow any unknown programs to be installed to your computer.
If you are receiving this survey using your computer, you have to remove Shopping Survey virus as soon as possible. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like Reimage, SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove everything related to Shopping Survey from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Shopping Survey virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Shopping Survey virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Shopping Survey virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Shopping Survey virus infected files and get help in Shopping Survey virus removal by using Reimage scanner.