“See Similar” virus - How to remove?
“See Similar” virus is an adware that displays pop up ads while browsing various websites, mainly shopping ones, like Amazon, Walmart, eBay and so on. These messages appear next to the pictures of products that are being sold and they make you check various offers and coupons to get the same or similar products.
Typically, “See Similar” virus is added to computers while installing other applications from the Internet, for example, music players, PDF creators and similar programs. Although the users are able to stop this infiltration, they often miss the step where additional programs are presented and in this case they are are installed automatically. “See Similar” virus can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
If you click on these ads you will be redirected to various websites that can contain infections. As you understand they can easily get access to your machine. Although “See Similar” virus is not a malware, it disturbs users activity very badly and poses risk of getting infected. The program is categorized as a potentially unwanted on and for this reason it is considered to remove it.
“See Similar” virus removal instructions:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to “See Similar” virus. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for “See Similar” virus and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to “See Similar” virus, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to “See Similar” virus, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.