Search Assist - How to remove?
Search Assist (aka SearchAssist.com) is advertising program that is part of Sendori network – a well-known adware platform. It changes words on websites to links and displays advertisements (the window is named SearchAssist.com ) once you hover on them. Sendori malware makes money each time you click on these ads. Some users even claim that the adware will redirect them to pages advertised on its own.
Search Assist is typically installed together with software bundles. Lots of download websites offer programs packed together in hopes to make some money from free ones. While this tactic might be legitimate in some cases, sometimes they won’t give enough information and way to refuse installing malware like Search Assist or Sendori. Furthermore, bundled software uninstallers often do not function as intended and fail to uninstall all the adware and hijackers they distribute. Thus, if you fail to uninstall Search Assist from control panel, you will have to scan with anti-adware programs like Reimage, SpyHunter, Malwarebytes, etc.
We recommend uninstalling Search Assist in all cases. While adware is moderately dangerous only, such software can be distributed with more dangerous types of PC infection. You should also keep in mind that Search Assist ads can take you to unsafe websites or try to install another unwanted program to your computer and involve you into other marketing related businesses. To learn how to remove Search Assist, follow the instructions below:
Manual removal instructions of Search Assist
Using control panel to remove main Search Assist components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7. Start -> Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8. Enter Control Panel in search box. You may need to confirm that you are administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Search Assist and /or other related programs on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Search Assist from Internet Explorer
- Click on gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Check Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Search Assist and other plugins you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close The options.
Removing Search Assist from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything related to Search Assist and ones you do not recognise. If you the extension is not familiar to you and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, Reset Firefox :
- Go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users). Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Search Assist from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs related to Search Assist. If unsure, you can disable them temporally.
- Restart chrome.
- Optionally, you can go to chrome://settings , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic Search Assist removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Search Assist removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Search Assist , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.