How to remove Searchab virus?
What is Searchab virus?
Searchab virus is a browser hijacker that causes redirects to searchab.com website and can also lead to other problems. The program tens to come bundled with other programs so it is not easy for the computer users to control that. Searchab.com is considered to be legitimate website, however, it is not really fair to promote it by hijacking the browser and forcing to visit it. If you have been constantly redirected there, you should consider removing Searchab virus as soon as possible.
Lets talk briefly about how you can get infected. Mainly all infections like that comes while you are downloading some free programs. Another option is visiting some hacked website which can easily transmit some infection to your computer. It is recommended to stay away from unknown websites and not download any unclear software. Besides, during installations, make sure you uncheck all unnecessary boxes.
Remove Searchab virus as soon as you notice its first symptoms on your computer.To fix this annoying problem, click the Start button and go to Control Panel. Look for an option to Add/Remove programs and look for any items related to Searchab. Aditionally, we recommend scanning your system with a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. This will ensure that every single malicious threat is removed.
Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below to fix your browser settings:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Searchab.com from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Searchab.com and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Searchab virus is Dangerous
Searchab virus may show numerous annoying advertisements
Searchab virus logs your internet browsing history
Searchab virus will replace (hijack) your browser homepage
Searchab virus may spread additional spyware
Searchab virus violates your privacy and compromises your security
for Searchab virus detection
Note: Spyhunter trial provides detection of parasite like Searchab virus and assists in its removal for free. You can remove detected files, processes and registry entries yourself or purchase a full version.
Manual Searchab virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Searchab virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other malware and spyware removal applications found on 2-viruses.com.
Stop these Searchab virus processes:
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Searchab virus infected files and get help in Searchab virus removal by using free Spyhunter scanner. It comes with free real-time protection module that helps preventing Searchab virus and similar threats.
Searchab virus is classified as a Browser Hijacker, which means its parasitic damage payload consists of hijacking your browser homepage, error page, or search page with its own, mostly a commercial site of its creators, forcing you to accumulate force hits to a particular website to make it more popular or by using pay-per-click sites to earn money.
The easiest way for a Browser Hijacker such as Searchab virus to infect your computer is to exploit certain ActiveX controls and other security holes in your Internet Explorer browser. By browsing insecure websites on the internet, users may encounter various pop-ups, which secretly install Browser Hijackers like Searchab virus on your computer once clicked upon.
As soon as Searchab virus completes its operations, the overall browser stability and performance severely degrade, making it nearly impossible to surf the web normally.