Search Deals - How to remove?
Search Deals is an adware program that displays many ads on the infected system. These messages include various coupons, special deals and offers that appear on computer screen while users are browsing the Internet. Every message is marked that it was brought by Search Deals so it is not difficult to distinguish which ads belong to this adware. At first sight, it may look like a useful application as it lets you know about various discounts and the best prices. However, with time you will see how annoying it can get.
The purpose of Search Deals is to promote a bunch of products and websites. It can also collect information about your activities online and send this data to third parties. It is not only annoying but also insecure because your sensitive information, like your passwords, can be revealed. Another issue related to your security is that Search Deals can redirect you to infected websites where you will be risking of getting your computer attacked by malware.
Search Deals is distributed to computers bundled with free software that many users are downloading from the Internet, for example, video players, PDF creators and so on. To avoid installing additional applications, you should pay more attention to the installation steps of the software you are installing. Most of the times, you will be able to deselect an option to install Search Deals. If you skip that, the program will be installed automatically.
Remove Search Deals from you computer once you detect this annoying application on your system. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Search Deals listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Search Deals from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Search Deals is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.