Safe Monitor - How to remove?
What is Safe Monitor?
Safe Monitor is a free application owned by WebAppTech Coding LLC. It is supposed to allow you to view analysis about the websites that you visit and how they’re tracking or spying on you online. Together with the toolbar you might get third party applications installed, for example, search toolbar. Although it is possible to get Safe Monitor from its official website, many computer users, complaining that they got it, do not know how the program entered the system.
Safe Monitor‘s creators are motivated to have as many users as possible because it means more money for them therefore they use unfair distribution techniques. Usually the application is bundled with freeware, such as free video file converters, codecs and similar. Once you install such software and do not remove the check boxes for additional toolbars to be added, you end up having unwanted changes. WebAppTech Coding LLC. also makes false claims on its website about the program being used by more than 100,000 users as well as displaying a fake “Norton Secured” badge.
Annoying features of Safe Monitor include popup and in-text advertisements that are displayed as frequently as 1-5 ads per page. You may also get a separate ad window shown in-between opening a new tab or browser page. Your home page, default search engine and new tab page might get changed to those promoted by Safe Monitor and these changes cannot be eliminated via browser settings. Moreover, your computer might get infected with viruses via malicious promotions and advertised links.
Even though Safe Monitor’s official website states that it is easy to uninstall the application, this is not always true. You may remove the toolbar from Control Panel Add and Remove programs list but since it came bundled with other unwanted applications, these will not be deleted together with it. Subsequently uninstalling Safe Monitor might not eliminate displaying of ads and redirection. If you do not feel confident enough about deleting all unfamiliar applications (removal of important system files might cause substantial damage to your PC) and/or you do not want to waste your time for a manual removal (usually it is a time consuming process), we recommend using special removal tools, such as Spyhunter. It will not only remove Safe Monitor but also scan your computer for any other adware and browser hijackers that might have been added with it. Your system will also be scanned looking for viruses that might have been injected accidently clicking on malicious ads.
Safe Monitor Removal Instructions:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to Safe Monitor. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Safe Monitor and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Safe Monitor, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Safe Monitor, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.