Safe Saver Virus - How to remove?
Safe Saver virus is an adware that is distributes to computers together with other software. It can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. The program displays tons of ads on your computer while you are browsing the Internet, mainly when you are visiting stores online, like eBay, Amazon and some others. The messages contain different coupons with discounts, offers and recommendations. While it can be quite useful especially when you are shopping, Safe Saver virus is very annoying and it can also increase a risk of your computer getting infected.
If you click on these ads, you will be rerouted to some unknown sponsored websites that you have never seen before. This way the program increases traffic for these pages and promotes more products or services. Although Safe Saver is not a virus itself, it can redirect you to malicious websites where you can get serious threats to infiltrated into your computer.
As already mentioned, Safe Saver virus is installed to computers bundled with other programs. So if you want to avoid adding it, you should be more careful about what you are installing to your PC. Always follow installation steps and make sure to deselect all options offering to install unknown programs. If you are already receiving these ads, remove Safe Saver virus from your system once you detect it on your computer. Below we provide steps how to do it:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers. We recommend using Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to Safe Saver Virus. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Safe Saver Virus and disable it.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Safe Saver Virus, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Safe Saver Virus, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar address, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.