Royal-Search.com virus - How to remove?
Royal-Search.com virus is a browser hijacker that can infect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. It is installed to computers together with a bunch of freeware, such as video players, video recorders, PDF creators and many other free applications. Once inside, the program changes your homepage and default search provider to royal-search.com.
You should know that this search provider is made for only one purpose: to advertise various commercial websites. If you make a search using it, you will see that it will display lots of sponsored links. The program can also show various ads while you browse the Internet. The creators of Royal-Search.com virus get money from affiliate links, so each click is very important for them. You should be very careful with this program as it can display malicious links and you can get your system infected if you click on them.
You may avoid Royal-Search.com virus and similar potentially unwanted applications. Since the program is installed to computers bundled with free software that is available to download from the Internet, all you have to do is to be more careful with such installations. It doesn’t mean you have to stop downloading free programs, but you have to pay more attention to their installation processes. If you see that the application offers you to change some settings of your browsers or install another tool, make sure you take off such options if they are pre-selected for you.
To remove Royal-Search.com virus you have to go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is recommended to delete ALL programs added on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Reimage, SpyHunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Royal-Search.com virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove Royal-Search.com from the list
How To remove Royal-Search.com virus from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Royal-Search.com virus from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Royal-Search.com virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Royal-Search.com virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Royal-Search.com virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.